Thursday, October 8, 2009

An oldie but goodie . . .

This year I have been spending a lot of time working on the pattern for the Block of the Month at Shaffer's Countryside Quilting in Sharpsville, PA. When we discussed doing the Block of the Month at the end of last year, I said that I'd like to do an applique block of the month, but I wasn't sure how many people would be interested in committing to doing a year's worth of applique. Consquently I offered to do two block of the month quilts--one that combines piecing and applique, and one that is all piecing. This pattern will be available for sale after the first of the year (2010!) either as a single pattern or for stores to do their own block of the month.

Here's a teaser--these are two of the blocks that customers have picked up this year, although not in these fabrics. I've started to sew some of the rows together and I'm really excited about how it is turning out!






No comments:

Post a Comment